- The present text constitutes the terms and conditions of use of the web page www.nplconfidential.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Webpage”) which is offered to those interested in its content (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) by Ethos Media Publishing – Conference Company Ltd, which has its legal seat in Alimos, 29 Thessalias street (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”).
- The Webpage offers to the Users, for an economic consideration and according to the specific provisions of the present, a great variety of information, pages, options and/or sources, including various search tools, documents, files, texts and charts, with the aim to keep them informed on the latest news (such as, for instance, articles, commentaries, interviews). It also offers them the possibility to upload material (such as comments on articles) (hereinafter referred to as “Material” and “Material Uploading” respectively).
- Users are personally and exclusively liable for all their actions while using the Webpage. The Company bears no liability for any damage or harm resulting from the Users’ failure to comply with the present term. However, Users may be liable for damage or harm incurred by the Company or third parties due to the above failure of compliance.
2. USER REGISTRATION
- To access the Webpage, Users need to register by filling in an online registration form.
- Users have to be more than eighteen (18) years old in order to register.
- In order to register, Users shall be asked to provide the following details: (a) Name, (b) Surname, (c) e-mail address. Users shall also be asked to submit their own individual codes for access to the Webpage, i.e. (d) their username and (e) their password, according to the instructions on the Webpage, so that the above access codes are valid and accepted.
- Users declare that all their personal details are true and accurate and accept that, in case the Company finds the above details to be false, it shall have the right to cancel the User’s registration and deny provision of any service.
- To complete their registration, Users shall be asked to pay their subscription fee according to terms 3 and 4 of the present.
- Users are solely responsible for the accuracy of the e-mail address they provide on their registration form and shall be presumed to have declared it valid, true and under their full and exclusive control. The Company shall bear no liability for any damage caused to Users by third parties’ access to their e-mail accounts.
- Passwords are strictly individual and should not be disclosed to any third party. Users are solely responsible for all actions carried out through use of their personal passwords and shall notify the Company immediately for any non-authorized use of their account as well as any – even suspected – security breach. The Company bears no liability for any damage or harm incurred by Users due to unauthorized or illegal use of their passwords by third parties, due to security leaks or any other cause. The Company reserves the right to claim compensation from Users, in case it incurs any kind of damage from unauthorized or illegal use of personal passwords.
3. SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Users may choose one of the following types of subscription that offer full access to the Webpage content and subscribers’ services (such as personalized content and access to comments):
- 3-month subscription: € 350 + VAT 24% = € 434
- 6-month subscription: € 600 + VAT 24% = € 744
- 12-month subscription: € 950 + VAT 24% = € 1,178
4. PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTION
Payment of subscription may be effected via one of the following methods:
- Credit/Debit card:
- Users may pay their subscription fees via Visa, MasterCard or Maestro credit card.
- Users are solely responsible for the correct, full and true entry of their credit/debit card details and expressly accept that the Company bears no liability for these data or their proper use.
- To ensure security of online transactions via credit/debit cards, all transactions are effected through the security system of Piraeus Bank which supports a secure transaction environment.
- Bank account deposit:
- Users may pay their subscription fees by making a deposit to the Company’s bank account. For more information on the Company’s bank account, please go to the website’s Payment page.
- Users are solely responsible for the correct, full and true entry of their details and expressly accept that the Company bears no liability for these data or their proper use.
Users may choose between a receipt or an invoice.
5. SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL
Users will be notified before expiry of their subscription, so as to renew it if they choose to.
6. SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLATION
- Users may cancel their subscription at any time by sending an e-mail at: email@example.com, declaring their intention to terminate their subscription.
- In the above case, the Company will discontinue the service at the end of the current period. Especially in the case of 1-year subscriptions, the Company shall return to the User part of the subscription fee which corresponds to the services for the period after termination until the end date which was originally agreed.
- Refunds are made in the same way as payments (card or bank account deposit).
7. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
8. ACCESS TO WEBPAGE
- The Webpage can be accessed 24 hours/7 days per week except for when it is suspended due to maintenance, upgrading or discontinuance of online communications or for any other relevant reason. The Company bears no responsibility in case the Webpage is not accessible at any given time and for any amount of time.
- The Company intends to upgrade the Webpage regularly and may change its content at any time. If necessary, the Company may suspend access to the Webpage or discontinue it indefinitely. The Company is not obligated to update the content of the Webpage; the latter may not be up-to-date at any given time.
9. WEBPAGE CONTENT – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – PERSONALITY RIGHTS
- The Webpage and its content, including but not limited to brands and distinctive signs of services provided by the Company, brand name, domain name, source code, software, services, titles, photos, images, charts, texts, illustrations, sound and/or image files, audiovisual archives, data, metadata, databases (hereinafter the “Content”) constitute exclusive intellectual and industrial property of the Company or third parties that are the latter’s partners and are protected by provisions on intellectual and industrial property of the Greek and European law as well as international conventions and treaties. The Content may be temporarily stored on the memory of a personal computer for the sole purpose of reading. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, it is expressly forbidden for the Content to be transferred, sold, signed over, given (with or without monetary consideration), traded, copied, modified, reproduced, re-transmitted, broadcast, distributed or downloaded, wholly or partially, in any manner or by any means, by the Users and/or any third party. The above list is intended to be illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Access to and use of the software connected to the Webpage (hereinafter the “Software”), does not establish Users’ rights on the Software. Users and/or third parties shall refrain from the reproduction, modification, translation or in general alteration of the Software and its content in any way and by any means.
- Users shall compensate any damage or loss that the Company incurs due to violation of its rights or the rights of third parties or due to misuse or illegal use of the Webpage.
- Users who upload Material in compliance with the present terms, unconditionally grant to the Company the exclusive license to use the Material as well as all and any intellectual property rights and all associated and related rights that Users have on the uploaded Material or because of it, with no time or other limitation, in Greece and abroad, irrespective of the method and means of the Material’s transmission or use in general. The Company shall have the exclusive right to grant sub-licenses to third parties.
- In Addition, Users who upload Material expressly and unconditionally waive any present or future claim, monetary or other, regarding any type of fee or remuneration owed to them by the Company and/or any third parties who have been granted by the Company permission to use and/or profit from the Material.
- In any case, the Company expressly states that any ideas and opinions expressed in any way on the Webpage are the ideas and opinions of the Users who express them, the latter being solely liable towards the Company and any third party.
10. OBLIGATIONS – USERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
- Users expressly agree, declare and accept that their use of the Webpage services: a) does not in any way offend the personality of any third party (for instance, by posting offensive or racist content) nor does it constitute a direct or indirect threat to any other User or third party, b) does not violate the law or the principles of good morals and fair trade practices, c) does not violate in any way the private life, personal data, individual and social rights of Users or third parties, d) does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party and e) does not mislead or harm the Company or any third parties, Users or non-Users, in any way. More specifically, Users shall not forward information or other content which they know to be false, misleading or inaccurate. In case any of the above terms is violated, the Company shall discontinue Users’ access to the Webpage services and reserves all other rights.
- Especially for Users who are asked to give their personal details in compliance with specific provisions of the present terms, they expressly declare and guarantee that the data they provide are valid, full, true and accurate.
- Users are forbidden to install and forward, in any way, any kind of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or spam e-mails, chain letters, Ponzi schemes and any other type of unsolicited content, without the Company’s prior written consent.
- Users are forbidden to install, forward and/or make available content containing viruses or any other electronic code, files or programs designed to interfere with, destroy, limit or affect in any way the function of any software or other services of the Webpage or block other Users from using the Webpage or any other service connected to it.
- The Webpage offers Users the possibility to participate in discussions by posting comments on articles, interviews, reports etc. which are uploaded to the Webpage. Users are obligated to behave in a decent and civil manner and refrain from unlawful or obscene wording.
- The Company reserves the right to block or discontinue comments in case of breach of the present terms. The Company under no circumstances shall be deemed to endorse or condone in any way personal ideas and opinions of Users.
- Uses have intellectual property rights on the opinions they express through their messages and comments.
- In the event that the Company is notified that the content of a message/comment uploaded/published by Users is offensive to third parties, it shall immediately delete said message/comment or even the account of the User who created it.
12. LINKS/ RELATIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES
- The Webpage may include links to other websites controlled by other natural or legal persons. The Company does not control the availability, content, personal data protection policy, quality and integrity of third parties’ websites and services and/or stores where Users might be led through links, hyperlinks and other functions. For any problem that may occur during the visit or use of third parties’ webpages or services, Users shall address directly the above websites, webpages, providers of the above services and/or stores, which are solely liable for the services they provide.
- Under no circumstances should it be deemed that the Company endorses or condones the content or services of webpages and/or stores where it may refer nor that it is related to any of the above in any other way, such as agency, works contract, employment etc.
13. PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT
Through the Webpage, the Company collects personal data of registered Users only.
- Users understand that these data are necessary for the provision of certain services by the Webpage, therefore they consent to the creation of a data record and the collection, processing, categorization etc. of the above data. The Company may create a record and process the above non-sensitive data of Users for the management of their accounts and for informative or advertising purposes through newsletters or notifications/news or other, unless the Users expressly state that they do not wish to receive promotional messages. In addition, the Company may forward, disclose, publish and share with third parties acting as its partners on its behalf, the above personal data for the above purposes as well as for the management and proper operation of certain functions of the Webpage that require forwarding of the above data.
- The Company applies the appropriate confidentiality and security policies in order to ensure, so far as it is practicable, the security and integrity of all information, including Users’ personal data.
- Without prejudice to the provisions of the laws in force on personal data protection or other obligations of the Company, Users’ personal data will be stored and processed only for the period of time necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which they were collected and will be destroyed immediately after upon completion of the above purpose. The Company shall not in any way disclose, publish, forward, circulate or share any information provided by Users without their consent, unless otherwise provided by legal provisions in force.
- The Company reserves the right to collect non-personal user-identification data, such as browser type, computer type, operating system, Internet provider etc., and/or track IP Addresses by using relevant technologies (cookies). Cookies are small text files stored on the user’s hard drive, which have no access to documents or any of the user’s computer files. They are used to enable Users’ access while using certain services and/or pages of the Webpage as well as for statistical purposes. For more information on cookies used by the Webpage, please visit the Cookies Policy page.
- Data collected by Users are stored and kept on a secure server within the European Union and the Company takes all reasonable measures for their protection. However, transmission of data on the Internet is not totally safe or error free, thus stored data may be exposed to malicious acts of third parties. Thus, the Company cannot guarantee that its safety measures fulfill or exceed any specific requirements. The Company cannot guarantee the safety of the Webpage, its databases or services, nor that the information transmitted to the Webpage via the Internet will not be hacked. Users are responsible for all data transfers. Upon reception of this data, the Company will use technical and organizational security measures in order to prevent unauthorized access to them.
- The Company is obligated to protect personal data given by Users according to the provisions of Law 2472/1997, as currently in force, as well as to take all necessary security measures to safeguard the protection of this data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, forbidden circulation or transmission, modification, alteration or destruction.
- Users have the right to be informed if their personal data are processed by the Company and object to the processing of their personal data. More specifically, they are entitled to demand their correction, temporary non-use, suspension, non-transmission or even their deletion.
- Users may exercise their right to access and objection according to articles 12 and 13 of Law 2472/1997, by sending an application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This application should mention the applicant’s communication details and contain proof of payment of the amount determined by the relevant decisions of the Personal Data Protection Authority. The Company shall answer in writing to the applications submitted according to the provisions above within the legal deadline.
- STATEMENTS & DISCLAIMERS
- USERS ACCEPT THAT THEY ARE EXCLUSIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF THE WEBPAGE. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND THE USERS AND SO FAR AS THIS IS PROVIDED BY LAW, THE THE SERVICES AND CONTENT OF THE WEBPAGE IS OFFERED “AS IS” FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR TACIT OR OTHER DECLARATION OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE WEBPAGE AND ITS USE. IT IS MENTIONED INDICAIVELY AND NOT EXHAUSTIVELY THAT THE COMPANY SHALL NOT MAKE STATEMENTS OR GIVE GUARANTEES OF NON-VIOLATION OR ACCURACY, ABSENCE OF HIDDEN OR OTHER DEFECTS OR ABSENCE OF ERRORS – RECOGNIZABLE OR NOT.
- THE COMPANY HAS NO LIABILITY FOR: (A) MISTAKES, INACCURACIES, (B) ANY DAMAGE (MATERIAL OR NON-MATERIAL) RESULTING FROM USE OF THE WEBPAGE, (C) ANY DISCONTINUANCE, TERMINATION, POOR QUALITY OF THE WEBPAGE SERVICES, (D) VIRUSES OR TROJAN HORSES THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED FROM THE WEBPAGE OR ANY THIRD PARTY USING IT, (E) ANY ERROR RESULTING FROM ACT OR OMISSION RELATED TO THE CONTENT OF THE WEBPAGE OR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF THE WEBPAGE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY IS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES LIABLE TO THE USERS ON THE BASIS OF ANY LEGAL PRINCIPLE REGARDING DAMAGE DUE TO SPECIAL OR ACCIDENTAL INCIDENTS OR INCURRED AS PENALTY OR IMPOSED AS A WARNING EXAMPLE, RELATED TO THE USE OF THE WEBPAGE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY KNOWS OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SAID DAMAGE. USERS EXPRESSLY ACCEPT THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT OR ANY UNLAWFUL OR OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR FROM ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY. THE USERS FULLY ACCEPT THE RISK OF ANY VIOLATION OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE ABOVE CAUSES.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILTY FOR INFORMATION
- The content and information of the Webpage do not in any way conceal any incitement to commit or refrain from specific actions.
- The Company is responsible for the collection, processing and distribution of the Content and information but does not – under any circumstances – guarantee the integrity, completeness and generally the suitability of the above or the absence of any error, particularly because of their very large volume and the participation of third parties at the stage of primary production and collection of the above content.
- As a result of the above, Users who use the Webpage on their own initiative, are exclusively responsible to cross-reference the validity of the information provided on it.
- DAMAGE – COMPENSATION
- Users understand and accept that they are solely liable to compensate the Company and its partners for any legal dispute that may arise between the Company and third parties due to the content that Users have uploaded, published or transferred through the services of the Webpage.
- APPLICABLE LAW
- Without prejudice to term 19.3, any dispute relevant to or resulting from the application of the present Terms and/or the Agreement or the use of the Webpage, if not amicably settled, will be resolved by the Courts of Athens.
- The Company offers to all interested parties the option to purchase its services on electronic commerce apps in compliance to the specific conditions required thereof, while ensuring the protection of the personal data they are required to submit in order to use the above services.
- The Company reserves the right to modify and/or discontinue temporarily and/or permanently part of or all services offered on the Webpage with or without warning the Users.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files with information that a webpage (in particular the web server) stores on a user’s computer, without having access to any of the user’s documents or files. Cookies contain certain information, such as the name of a webpage and some letters and numbers. Each time a user logs back in to a webpage, the latter retrieves the above information and offers to the user relevant options. A characteristic example of such information are the user’s preferences on a webpage, as those result from the user’s choices on said webpage (for instance, specific “buttons”, searches, advertisements etc. that the user tends to look up more than others).
What type of cookies does nplconfidential.com use?
Information collected by the cookies are not sold or disclosed to third parties, unless so provided by law.
How to review cookies settings on your browser
Some Users may not agree with the storing of information collected by cookies on their computers. All web browsers provide clear instructions on cookies policies.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, disable all or some of the cookies used by the Webpage or delete cookies that have already been installed on your computer.
Most Webpage services function without using cookies. However, if you disable cookies, you will not have access to certain services and features of the Webpage.
Below you will find references of specific editions of the most commonly used web browsers.
It is recommended to refer to the official literature of the manufacturers for more up-to-date information.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=el
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/el-gr/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/el/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For web browsers of other manufacturers, please refer to their official bibliography.
In case you wish to learn more about our Webpage’s cookies, please contact us at email@example.com.
Last update: December 2019